Variety of ProForm Treadmills
ProForm treadmills are produced by Icon Health and Fitness, which is the largest retail fitness company.
The treadmills are classified into 4 categories:
1. Power Series
2. Performance Series
3. Pro Series
4. Boston Marathon Treadmill
1. the Power Series treadmills utilize large motors and extra long decks. Price range is about $800-2500.
The Power 995 treadmill costs about $1000-2000. It features an extra long 20" x 60" treadbelt, 'QuickSpeed', Quick Incline and a 3 HP motor. The machine is compatible with iFit technology, which downloads personalized weight loss workouts from Jillian Michaels, a recognized trainer.
QuickSpeed allows you to change the speed of the treadmill between 0-12 mph with a touch of a button. The Quick Incline control allows you to adjust the incline from 0-15%.
The Power 1080 has an impressive 3.25 HP and an extra long 20" x 60", 2 ply treadbelt. The 7" full color touch screen lets you quickly view your speed, time, distance, calories burned and heart rate. This folding treadmill is iFit ready, but it requires iFit membership, which has to be bought separately.
A special cushioning provides a comfortable walking, jogging or running surface that protects your knees, ankles and lower back. The built in music system lets you plug in your iPod to keep you motivated. Price is about $1300-2500.
2. The Performance Series treadmills feature the ProShox cushioning and large motors.
The 600 model is compatible with iFit and iPod products. The LED display lets you track speed, time distance and calories burned.
Other features include a 20" x 55" treadbelt, 0-12% Quick Incline and a 1-12 mph 'QuickSpeed', which allow you to instantly change your incline and speed. Price is about $800-1000. Other Performance models are priced between $900-2500.
3. The Pro Series treadmills feature a large motor and full surface cushioning.
The Pro 2000 costs about $1300-2000. It features a 15% incline and a 3% decline for increased training. The machine folds vertically for storage. 24 built in workouts and a built in sound system keep you motivated.
4. The Boston Marathon treadmill costs about $4000-6000. It features a streamlined design that eliminates the motor hood and arms. You can run at a top speed of 15 mph. The 'SpeedRing', which is worn on your finger adjusts the speed in one tenth of a mph increments. The wireless chest strap continuously displays the heart rate on the touch screen.
You can choose from two marathon training programs, 16 or 20 weeks, which are built into the machine. A built in sensor reads consistency of your steps and stride throughout every run. The data is displayed on the console.
The treadmill is built with a 4.25 HP motor and has an extra long 20" x 62" non stretch, 2 ply treadbelt. With an incline up to 20% and a decline to 6%, the machine delivers a variety and realistic training programs.
Return to Treadmill Guide from Proform Treadmills
Go to Bowflex Treadmill Review
Go to New Balance Treadmills