Lose Weight with a
Recumbent Exercise Bike
A recumbent exercise bike is more comfortable than a traditional exercise bike. It is easier to use and better suited for overweight people and seniors. The recumbent cycle has a bucket seat that provides good back support. Very little pressure is put on knees and other joints.
Stationary bikes are excellent for cardiovascular exercise. The intensity level can be set from very easy to very intense. Reading or watching television while exercising, reduces some of the boredom. Many models and styles are available. A basic model can be purchased for about $200. High quality models can cost as much as $3000.
Look for the following features:
- Seats should be easy to adjust to fit the height of the user. They should be padded and comfortable with good back support.
- Resistance levels should be easy and quick to adjust.
- The monitor should be easy to read for distance, speed and resistance levels.
- Warranty should be at least 1 year for parts and labor.
Recumbent cycle benefits:
1. Beginning exercisers and individuals with back or joint problems can get a convenient workout. The semi reclined position eliminates pressure to the back and joints.
2. Conditioned athletes can train for cardiovascular endurance. They can tone calf muscles and ham strings.
3. Individuals can burn calories and work off stress, while reading or watching television.
Return to Exercise Bike from Recumbent Exercise Bike
Go to Proform Recumbent Bikes
Go to Schwinn Recumbent Bikes