An Upright Bike
can help reduce Weight
There are basically two types of exercise bikes available: the upright bike and the recumbent bike. The upright cycle is like a regular road bike, while the recumbent cycle has a bucket seat.
Cycling is a low impact exercise and can be excellent for your health. It can be a good way to maintain or lose weight.
There are many types and models available that have a large selection of features. Price range is about $130-2800. Popular bikes are made by Schwinn, Nordic Track, Nautilus and Life Fitness.
Consider the following features:
- Frame should be made of sturdy steel.
- Handle bars should be adjustable and foam padded.
- Foam padded seat should be comfortable.
- Bike should have wheels for easy movement.
- Seat should be easy to adjust to the height of the user.
- Display should be easy to read for functions like distance, time and calories used.
- A heart rate monitor would be a good option.
- Warranty should be at least one year for parts and labor.
Return to Exercise Bike from Upright Bike
Go to Recumbent Bike
Go to Vision Exercise Bikes