Body Fat Scales
to monitor your Fitness
Body fat scales are a convenient and an easy way to measure body fat. They provide a quick and fairly accurate method of testing your body fat.
The scales send a small, but harmless electrical charge through
your hands or feet. The data received is then used to determine how much of your body is fat and how much is water. To do the calculation, just enter gender, age and weight.
Body fat data can give you a better indication of fitness than
regular weight scales.
Here are some tips to make your results more reliable:
- Take measurements at about the same time each day.
- Drink the same amount of water each day before you test yourself.
- Don't test yourself immediately after exercising. When you sweat, you lose water and it can influence your data.
- Try to test yourself when the room temperature is about the same each day.
- The foot pads should be clean and dry before you test yourself.
- If you can, get your body fat measured at least once by a professional. This will tell you, if your scale and procedures are accurate.
- More advanced monitors will also measure your muscle and bone mass. These monitors cost about $120-130.
Price for a scale designed for home use is about $70-200.
Return to Exercise Equipment from Body Fat Scales
Go to Heart Rate Monitor
Go to Timex Heart Rate Monitor