Lose Weight with an
Exercise Rowing Machine
The exercise rowing machine provides an excellent exercise for losing weight. It provides a total body workout. It is important to use the proper rowing technique. The rowing stroke should copy the smooth and continuous motion of rowing in the water.
A rowing machine provides an aerobic workout for both the upper and lower body by utilizing most leg, arm and back muscles. The machine should be placed on a level surface and in an area that has room for the full rowing motion.
Look for the following features:
- Sturdy construction.
- Firm, but comfortable seats. You can buy special softer seat cushions for some machines. Do not make your own seat cushions, as they might not be safe.
- Seats should move easily back and forward.
- Easy to adjust resistance levels. Low resistance levels are for aerobic workouts, if you want to build and tone muscles, just increase the resistance level.
- Optional are monitors for distance, calories burned and heart rate.
- Price range is about $200-900+.
Go to Concept 2 Rower from Exercise Rowing Machine
Go to Kettler Rowing Machines
Go to Tunturi Rowing Machines