Get fit with
There are many benefits of walking exercise. It helps to reduce weight, reduce blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
In addition, it generates a feeling of well being and can relieve stress. It will relax you, stimulate thinking and creativity.
Here are some guidelines before you start:
- Consult your doctor, if you have any health problems or if you are over 50 years of age.
- Stretch before and after. Examples of stretches that can be used: knee pull, wall push, leg curl, shoulder, arm, ankle rotation and side reaches.
- Choose a safe place. Shopping malls have become popular, because of better safety and controlled temperature.
- If possible, find a partner.
- Wear loose fitting cloth.
- Wear shoes that are stable from side to side and are well cushioned.
- If you start out, walk 30 minutes 3 days a week, never more than 5 times a week. This will give your body time to rest.
- Set a goal and make it a habit.
It is important to use good posture:
- Hold your head high and shoulders relaxed.
- Push off from your heel.
- Toes should be pointed forward.
- Arms should be close to the body with a natural swing.
Wear thick absorbent socks and use powder before putting on shoes. Buy shoes that fit your feet properly.
Some of the walking exercise benefits:
- It is easy to start. You only need a pair of shoes and comfortable clothing. The shoes should be sturdy, stable and provide good cushioning. Since shoes are the only major item needed, it might be a good idea to buy good quality shoes.
- It helps to reduce weight. The more you walk, the more calories you will use and consequently you will lose weight. You can reduce weight faster by walking at a faster speed or even start a speed walking program. Before you start speed walking, consult with your doctor. Remember, for successful weight loss, you must still watch what you eat and how much you eat.
- It provides many health benefits. It helps reduce high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Good cholesterol level will be increased and stress will be reduced.
- A study by the National Council on Aging has shown that walking 45 minutes a day increased the mental abilities.
- In general, you will have more energy, feel better and possibly live longer.
Go to Pedometer from Walking Exercise
Go to Running Exercise
Go to Curves Pedometer
Go to Yamax Pedometers