for better Health
Yoga exercise is a system of exercises that benefits the body, mind and spirit. The system is based on exercise, breathing, relaxation and meditation.
It is recommended for people who have stressful jobs, suffer from headaches, have back and shoulder pain. The goal is to improve health with exercises and relaxation.
Here are some of the better known types:
Bikram is named after its founder Bikram Choudhury. It consists of a series of 26 poses, which are performed in a room that is heated to about 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat is used to make the muscles more flexible and to help prevent injuries.
Hatha is the most popular type. Many of the styles of yoga originated from Hatha. It uses postures, breathing techniques and meditation to improve health. Practice of this style will help you become stronger, more flexible and relaxed.
Kundalini is the most powerful type. The practice involves classic poses, breathing techniques and meditation. The emphasis is on breathing.
Ashtanga is a style that is composed of eight spiritual practices. Each practice has to be mastered before the next should be attempted.
Yoga can be practiced by any adult regardless of age or physical condition. It is helpful to take a class, get a book or video when you start.
These are some of the benefits:
- Yoga routines can be practiced by anyone regardless of age or physical handicaps.
- Your body will become more flexible and your muscles will get stronger.
- Certain routines practiced regularly will provide better concentration, reduce or eliminate stress.
- Yoga exercises will help you lose weight.
- Regular practice can reduce high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- Yoga is safe when practiced properly.
- No special equipment is needed, but an exercise mat would be convenient.
- Yoga will improve your sleep. You will be ready to go when you wake up.
Go to Stress Relief from Yoga Exercise
Go to Aerobic Exercise
Go to Pilates Exercise